[Scribus] How to print 4 copies per page

Nicholas Vettese nvettese
Tue Jan 24 20:53:41 CET 2006

Or, when you go to print, take the "Per Page" option and make it 4.  Most printer drivers have this option.

nick
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Calum Polwart
  To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
  Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:50 PM
  Subject: Re: [Scribus] How to print 4 copies per page

  On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 11:29 -0800, Paul Stoffregen wrote:
Please forgive me for such a basic question... I'm a scribus newbie.
Nothing is stupid if you don't know how.  I think we'd all rather explain and you learn Scribus than you give up! (And easy questions mean I get to give something back!)

I'm working on a small 5.5 by 4.25 inch ad, where 4 will be printed per
letter-size page.

Is there some way I can get my 5.5 by 4.25 custom size to "tile" or
"step and repeat", so 4 copies print onto letter paper.  Or do I just
have lay it out 4 times and be careful to get all 4 identical ?

Thanks,
-Paul

  Not entirely clear what it is you are trying to do.  I think its along the idea of putting 4 ads - identically on the page and then choping them once printed to give 4 ads roughly A6 in size - presumably like ivitiations/fliers etc.

  Like this:

+------------+
|#A#    #B#  |
|###    ###  |
|            |
|#C#    #D#  |
|###    ###  |
|            |
+------------+

I know at least 3 ways to do this! Only 1 actually uses Scribus so lets describe that first.

Method 1:

Create the first 'advert' then group the objects and copy and paste x 3 identical groups.  Use Properties (Right Click) to set the left (X-coord) for A and C the same, B & D the same, and then do the same for Y coord of A & B and C & D..
(There are probably options using guides etc as well, to snap the groups to)

Method 2:

Create a 1/4 Letter Page with the single advert on it and export to PDF.  Then use psutils and n-up (they are supplied as functions within the kprinter PDF tool if you use KDE) to get it to put 4 on a page.  You do this by printing the PDF (from Acrobat etc) to a new PDF document.

Method 3:

Use Multivalent (available from SourceForge.net)  - Multivalent is free at command line but isn't opensource  but it could do the job too and works better for me than kprinter which seems not to like me!!

Does this help?

Calum