[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.2 on FreeBSD

Candee Hellberg cahellbe
Tue Jan 24 19:43:16 CET 2006

THANKS! I'll give it a try!

Wow, you are all so very helpful - thanks so much!

Candee

-----Original Message-----
From: scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
[mailto:scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de] On Behalf Of Steven Boothe
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:41 PM
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Subject: Re: [Scribus] Scribus 1.3.2 on FreeBSD

Mark Nowiasz wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 24.01.2006, 13:27 -0500 schrieb Candee Hellberg:
>> Thanks Craig - that is what I thought. It sounds like we may be able
>> to use the tool in the near future when we begin moving forward into
>> XML documents, but for now, I am looking for something that provides
>> the same capabilities as FrameMaker, since that is what the Technical
>> Writers on my team are used to using. None of them like the
>> dual-editor/layout capabilities of PageMaker or Quark; it is too time
>> consuming when you have very short timelines for producing your manuals
and user guides.

> To be honest, I wouldn't use a DTP program for writing manuals, user
> guides or books - I myself would use LaTeX for that purpose instead.

Or how about LyX?

Now also available for those locked behind barred Windows. :)

LyX - Download Links
"Windows (9x/Me/2000/XP)

* Starting with LyX 1.3.6, the Windows platform is supported officially by
the LyX team. A comfortable Windows installer for LyX is provided in the
wiki-wiki."
http://www.lyx.org/download/

Cheers. :)