[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.2 on FreeBSD

Steven Boothe steven.boothe
Tue Jan 24 19:40:32 CET 2006

Mark Nowiasz wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 24.01.2006, 13:27 -0500 schrieb Candee Hellberg:
>> Thanks Craig - that is what I thought. It sounds like we may be able to use
>> the tool in the near future when we begin moving forward into XML documents,
>> but for now, I am looking for something that provides the same capabilities
>> as FrameMaker, since that is what the Technical Writers on my team are used
>> to using. None of them like the dual-editor/layout capabilities of PageMaker
>> or Quark; it is too time consuming when you have very short timelines for
>> producing your manuals and user guides.
>
> To be honest, I wouldn't use a DTP program for writing manuals, user
> guides or books - I myself would use LaTeX for that purpose instead.

Or how about LyX?

Now also available for those locked behind barred Windows. :)

LyX - Download Links
"Windows (9x/Me/2000/XP)

* Starting with LyX 1.3.6, the Windows platform is supported officially
by the LyX team. A comfortable Windows installer for LyX is provided in
the wiki-wiki."
http://www.lyx.org/download/

Cheers. :)