[Scribus] Font question

Mark Nowiasz buckaroo
Tue Jan 24 19:28:25 CET 2006

Hi,

I've got a question regardings fonts:

I'm using Bitstream Charter as my favorite font which looks great on
screen and paper. Unfortunately, some symbols aren't included, for
example the euro symbol (?). One solution would be to switch to
different font for just the symbol and use Charter for the rest of the
text - but this is rather tedious - manually changing the font,
inserting the ? symbol, changing the font back to Charter etc.

Is there a more elegant solution, like mapping "euro symbol in font A"
on a key or - better yet - something like "if the unicode symbol xxx is
not included in the current font, use font a, b, c oder d as as
substitute"?

Regards,
Mark
--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you *think* before
you break 'em