[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.2 on FreeBSD

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jan 24 19:11:57 CET 2006

Candee Hellberg wrote:
> Mark (or anyone else who has been working with this application),
>
> Are you at all familiar with Adobe FrameMaker and if so, can you tell me if
> this application works like FrameMaker

It does not.

> or does it work more like PageMaker
> or Quark

Much more like Quark.

> where text is created in one editor and the layout in another? If
> the latter, unlike PageMaker, can you change font, font style, color, etc.
> in the text editor

You can change them on the canvas and see the results. Changing them in
the story editor will not display the results, though you can easily
preview it by saving the text and seeing what happens in the text frame.

> and see the results while you are in the editor, or do
> you have to return to the page layout to see the results of your changes?

Sort of. The story editor is non-modal, so you can't see the changes in
it, but you don't need to exit it to see them on the canvas.

--
Craig Ringer