[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.2 on FreeBSD

Candee Hellberg cahellbe
Tue Jan 24 19:07:06 CET 2006

Mark (or anyone else who has been working with this application),

Are you at all familiar with Adobe FrameMaker and if so, can you tell me if
this application works like FrameMaker or does it work more like PageMaker
or Quark, where text is created in one editor and the layout in another? If
the latter, unlike PageMaker, can you change font, font style, color, etc.
in the text editor and see the results while you are in the editor, or do
you have to return to the page layout to see the results of your changes?

If anyone can help with these question, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Candee Hellberg
Sr. Technical Writer
CARQUEST Corporation
Raleigh, NC, USA

-----Original Message-----
From: scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
[mailto:scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de] On Behalf Of Mark Nowiasz
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:57 PM
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Subject: [Scribus] Scribus 1.3.2 on FreeBSD

Hey,

the package works - and I love 1.3.2, great work, guys :-)

It would be really nice if someone could build a FreeBSD port for FreeBSD's
port system (something like /usr/ports/print/scribus-devel, parallel to
/usr/ports/print/scribus).

Anyway, 1.3.2 ist really much better than 1.2.4.1 :-)

Regards,
Mark
--
Brigadier, a straight line may be the shortest distance between two points,
but it is by no means the most interesting.