[Scribus] "Le Tigre" is proud to present...

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Sat Jan 21 11:31:23 CET 2006

Le Tigre napisa?(a):
> Hi everybody,
>
> "Le Tigre" ("curious weekly", B/W, 24 pages, with no ads) has just
> published his "numero zero", which had been made at 30.000 ex. and sent
> by post in order to get some "abonnements".
>

> You can see the pdf (Web export) there:
> - Numero zero with the presentation (What is "Le Tigre"?):
> http://le-tigre.net/IMG/LeTigreNumeroZeroAvecEnrobage.pdf
> - Numero zero only: http://le-tigre.net/IMG/LeTigreNumeroZero.pdf
> - and Bulletin d'abonnements: http://le-tigre.net/IMG/BulletinAbonnement.pdf
> (if you want to support a independant newspaper made on Scribus :-)
>
> The n?1 will be: march 17th. 15.000 ex. And then every week.
>
> And... I have a question. I'v seen a bi-weekly made with Scribus. Will
> "Le Tigre" be the first weekly in the world made with Scribus?
>
> - Anyway: thanks to everybody who made possible that - all the
> developers and people on this list.
> Scribus still has some defaults, but less and less - and it's very
> important that we use it and explain about free softwares.
>
> Raphael / Le Tigre

Hi Raphael,
"Le Tigre" is for sure the first  weekly reported this year and the
second  commercial weekly reported to this mailing list :) Personally, I
consider your feedback pretty important, since it may encourage many
others to use free software for their commercial projects.

I've put your report into the Success Stories on the Wiki, please edit
it at will (perhaps a few words about the toolchain you've used?):

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Success_stories#.22Le_Tigre.22.2C_.22curious_weekly.22.2C_B.2FW.2C_24_pages.2C_with_no_ads

cheers
Maciej