[Scribus] "Le Tigre" is proud to present...

Le Tigre scribus
Tue Jan 24 17:56:01 CET 2006

Quoting Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de>:

> Le Tigre napisa?(a):
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> "Le Tigre" ("curious weekly", B/W, 24 pages, with no ads) has just
>> published his "numero zero", which had been made at 30.000 ex. and sent
>> by post in order to get some "abonnements".
>>

>> You can see the pdf (Web export) there:
>> - Numero zero with the presentation (What is "Le Tigre"?):
>> http://le-tigre.net/IMG/LeTigreNumeroZeroAvecEnrobage.pdf
>> - Numero zero only: http://le-tigre.net/IMG/LeTigreNumeroZero.pdf
>> - and Bulletin d'abonnements: http://le-tigre.net/IMG/BulletinAbonnement.pdf
>> (if you want to support a independant newspaper made on Scribus :-)
>>
>> The n?1 will be: march 17th. 15.000 ex. And then every week.
>>
>> And... I have a question. I'v seen a bi-weekly made with Scribus. Will
>> "Le Tigre" be the first weekly in the world made with Scribus?
>>
>> - Anyway: thanks to everybody who made possible that - all the
>> developers and people on this list.
>> Scribus still has some defaults, but less and less - and it's very
>> important that we use it and explain about free softwares.
>>
>> Raphael / Le Tigre
>>

> Hi Raphael,
> "Le Tigre" is for sure the first  weekly reported this year and the
> second  commercial weekly reported to this mailing list :) Personally, I
> consider your feedback pretty important, since it may encourage many
> others to use free software for their commercial projects.
>
> I've put your report into the Success Stories on the Wiki, please edit
> it at will (perhaps a few words about the toolchain you've used?):
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Success_stories#.22Le_Tigre.22.2C_.22curious_weekly.22.2C_B.2FW.2C_24_pages.2C_with_no_ads
>
> cheers
> Maciej

Thanks for your comments.
Actually, the pages 12-13 are not easy to make, especially because of the base
line which doesn't exist vertically...
I already talked on IRC about this question, and I think I'll be back witjh my
questions about that.
The major problem I had was that when I make the rotation of the
text-frame, all
the "calage" (hyphenation & optionnal dashes) are moving (it was in the
1.3.2cvs
of end december 2005, I didn't try yet with the new one). Wich means that we
have to do the job turning the head at 180?, or 90?.
So if somebody has ideas about that...

Raphael