[Scribus] Crash and export problems.

Thomas R. Koll tomk32
Tue Jan 17 16:57:28 CET 2006

Am 17.01.2006 um 16:14 schrieb Mark Nowiasz:
>      1. After finishing 30 pages I tried to moved some pages, the
>         program crashed (signal 11). Unfortunately, the document was
>         corrupt - when I tried to load the document, scribus did also
>         crash. After recovering from my shock, I managed to correct
> the
>         document using a plain editor. To prevent this, it would be a
>         good idea if scribus won't save the document in case of
> crashed
>         - or save an emergency copy, but it's not a good idea to
>         overwrite the file on disk.

it does, there are .sla.bak and .sla.emergency files. maybe you
have to switch some option in the preferences for the bak-files.

Forget about the jpg-thing, the font will never look good.

>      3. The alternative to jpegs would be pdf - in a book format
> (Page 1
>         next to 40, etc.).Unfortunately, scribus does not support
> this -
>         and using pdf2ps -> psbook ist not an option: I tried and gs
>         quit after about 600 megabytes(!) of output.

isn't there a pdfmerge?
export the pages a single pages and merge them in the wished order.
make a shell-script so you don't have to retype every month or so...

ciao, tom
--
http://www.tomk32.de - just a geek trying to change the world
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:TomK32