[Scribus] PDF Fields

Kite Lau kitelau
Sun Dec 31 07:45:43 CET 2006

2006/12/31, Russbucket <russbucket at nwi.net>:

> On Sat December 30 2006 08:38, Kite Lau wrote:
> > 2006/12/21, Russbucket <russbucket at nwi.net>:
> > > SSUE 10.0, Scribus 1.3.3.6
> > >
> > > When I created a pdf form the pdf field are out of order (when I tab
> > > between
> > > them) Tried moving field up or down level from properties but it hangs
> > > the document up, Cannot select field or text box. Shutdown of scribus
> and
> > > restart
> > > clears it.
> > >
> > > How do I reorder the field so tab will step thru them sequentially?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help!
> > > --
> > > Russ
> >
> > I would also like to learn the same.
> >
> > Kite
> Only way I was able to correct it was delete the fields in my .sla file,
> then
> reenter them and save as a PDF again. That works but it appears you should
> be
> able to move them with the properties menu. Did not work, or it was taken
> so
> long Scribus was hung up for over 30 minutes, when I canceled it.
> --
> Russ

Russ,

Suddenly I remember  someone in  this list  mentioned  that layer affects
tab order. Just now I played with layer a little bit and found out it works
great. suppose you have text field A, text field B, text field C and layer 1
(top), layer 2 (middle), layer 3 (bottom) and if you need tab order of
B->A->C, you could simply put B on layer 3, A on layer 2, and C on layer 1.
The lower layers get higher tab priority.

Please report back :)

Kite