[Scribus] Some questions:

John R. Culleton john
Fri Dec 29 22:12:11 CET 2006

I tried doing a 5 page chapter from a book in 1.3.3.4. Unfortunately whenever
I imported a grahic it would carsh with no message. So I downloaded, compiled
and installed 1.3.3.6. Now the crashing goes away.

I still have some questions, mostly centering around text. I have a "story"
that goes on for about 5 pages.

1. When I click on hyphenation all the text disappears! But after several
Ctl-Z's I got it back with a few hyphenations.  I need a step-by step on
hyphenations.

2. TeX automatically squeezes out all extra spaces between words. Can I get
Scribus to do this? HOw?

3. The text came in with lots of " instead of left and right quotes. Is there
a quick way to get all these replaced?

4. Scribus seems to treat each carriage return as the start of a new
paragraph. How do I merge these lines together into a single paragraph in
story editor?

5. A new customer sends me files in a Mac-only format with the suffix  .cwk.
Will my Linux Scribus import such files?

6. If I build up the book story by story in Scribus, what is the best way to
merge them together? I want each story to start on a new page of course.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting