[Scribus] Some questions:
John R. Culleton
Fri Dec 29 22:12:11 CET 2006
I tried doing a 5 page chapter from a book in 184.108.40.206. Unfortunately whenever
I imported a grahic it would carsh with no message. So I downloaded, compiled
and installed 220.127.116.11. Now the crashing goes away.
I still have some questions, mostly centering around text. I have a "story"
that goes on for about 5 pages.
1. When I click on hyphenation all the text disappears! But after several
Ctl-Z's I got it back with a few hyphenations. I need a step-by step on
2. TeX automatically squeezes out all extra spaces between words. Can I get
Scribus to do this? HOw?
3. The text came in with lots of " instead of left and right quotes. Is there
a quick way to get all these replaced?
4. Scribus seems to treat each carriage return as the start of a new
paragraph. How do I merge these lines together into a single paragraph in
5. A new customer sends me files in a Mac-only format with the suffix .cwk.
Will my Linux Scribus import such files?
6. If I build up the book story by story in Scribus, what is the best way to
merge them together? I want each story to start on a new page of course.
Able Indexing and Typesetting
Precision typesetting (tm) at reasonable cost.
More information about the scribus