[Scribus] Ghostscript acting like an invisible ghost

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Sun Dec 24 19:14:31 CET 2006

2006/12/24, Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr>:

> Louis Desjardins wrote:
> []
> > I get the same message with a Fink build of 1.3.3.4 <http://1.3.3.4> on
> > OS X 10.4 but gs is indeed present in the external tools and PDF and EPS
> > export both work fine.
>
> In the external tools preferences, did you put the full path for
> ghostscript, "/sw/bin/gs", or just the basename "gs"?

It was gs only but I have now changed it to /sw/bin/gs and Scribus loads
without warning. The "About Scribus" says now "Utilisation de GhostScript
version 8.51".

Everything is perfect then. Maybe this could be added to the installation
instructions? It's the only thing Fink doesn't do automatically (or is it
Scribus?). For the rest, I have let Fink do all the work and I have
encountered no other issues. Great work!

Merci!

Louis

The latter will only work if your Scribus.app is started with a decent