[Scribus] My PDF file was printed not right by a factory

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Dec 24 12:24:10 CET 2006

On Sunday 24 December 2006 11:53, Kite Lau wrote:
> I worked out an artwork for a product gift box using Scribus. I sent the
> output PDF file to a factory to print it. First time number of copy was
> 15,000. Today I saw the final box and was a little disappointed by that
> factory. The vector lines,  fonts, expecially small fonts on the box are
> not smooth on the edge. Now I suspect that they imported the PDF into
> photoshop as bitmaps and then do the printing output. I think I shall
> talk to the factory and warn them next time. As far as I know, most of
> people here in China make gift box etc. using Coreldraw, so most of them
> know coreldraw files but do not know how to handle PDF files correctly.

This could be the case, unfortunately, however, what was your sample like? Or
did they not provide a sample finished product before producing 15000 copies?
That sounds strange to me, if they didn't.

Regards
Craig