[Scribus] Tex/LaTex fonts with Scribus

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Thu Dec 14 09:55:26 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 13.12.2006, 19:02 +0000 schrieb Terence Chan:
> However,
> it would be useful to be able to use the latex fonts in a text
> frame to make minor additions in Scribus. The latex package
> comes with a large collection of fonts, many of which are supported
> by Scribus, but most of  the standard latex fonts commonly used are
> tfm fonts

Which fonts you are referring to? I have here TeXLive 2005, and the
LaTeX standard font Computer Modern as well as its derivative Latin
Modern and other fonts are available (and installed by default) as
PostScript fonts (type1, *pfb). Even very interesting but rather seldom
used fonts like the archaic series by Peter Wilson, originally only
available in MetaFont, are now available as PostScript fonts. I can use
for example the Latin Modern PostScript fonts coming with TeXLive 2005
with Scribus.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht