[Scribus] Font management programs

wtb41 wtb
Tue Dec 5 19:56:20 CET 2006

Craig, thanks for your informative reply. I do not know how long you and
others on this list
have been around Linux/Unix, but I'm sure it's longer than the 3 months that
I have been
exposed to Linux. My position is largely that of the students who enroll in
my beginning
college-level Accounting classes. They know little about Accounting, and I
know little about
Linux. But I'm curious, and I'm willing to learn. I have written a book that
I am self publishing.
The writing is complete. I probably should have turned it over to an
experienced desktop
publisher (and said, "I've done my part, now you do yours"), but I have
decided to do it myself,
although I have hired a lady to do the graphic design of the book's cover.
The interior design
is my job, and I have been learning about fonts, typography, DTP, book
binding, paper, etc.
So please be patient with me as I try to learn about Linux, Scribus, etc.

I might add that Robin Williams's book and her coverage of those 4 font
management utilities
make font management sound and look Simple. So far to me, fonts on Linux
(except Scribus--I
like its "Path to Font File" tab, which worked perfectly for me) seem far
more complicated, but I
must admit, I know too little about fonts on Linux to assess the situation
knowledgeably.