[Scribus] Font management programs

Joshua A. Andler joshua
Tue Dec 5 18:14:58 CET 2006

wtb41 wrote:
> Robin Williams's book "How to Boss Your Fonts Around" names & describes 4
> programs for
> managing fonts on the Macintosh. They are: (1) Adobe Type Manager Deluxe,
> (2) Suitcase, (3) MasterJuggler, and (4) Font Reserve. Does any such font
> management program exist for
> Linux users? If so, what is it and how does one go about getting it?

Kinda bizarre that you asked this today as someone announced a new
version of this type of software one of the Inkscape lists this morning.
It's called Fonty Python: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fontypython

I haven't used it myself, so unfortunately can't tell you if it's good
or not. If you try it out, please let everyone know what you think (as
I'm sure others would be interested).

The original announcement post this morning is at:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=31172615&forum_id=37513

(unfortunately it looks like the screenshot got dropped in the archive
though)

I hope that helps...

-Josh