[Scribus] Default command for starting scribus 1.3.x

Riku Leino tsoots
Sat Aug 26 18:31:13 CEST 2006

Axel Bojer wrote:
> Ok, thats new for me :-)
> --program-suffix=SUFFIX
> ought to be it, then ...
>
> But
> mv /usr/local/bin/scribus /usr/local/bin/scribus-ng
> is just as fast :-)

You'll want --prefix=/some/dir/other/than/other/scribus/installations
cause otherwise their plugins and all other resources will get mixed.

> My point is not that this is difficult to change somehow, but that I
> suggest a new default, but well, enough, now it is said :-)

And next time some other random person installs scribus with the new default
and that default already has another scribus version installed should we then
again change the default? And /usr/local is something like a standard for
your default prefix. Any app you build with autotools will default to that
dir unless some other prefix are given during the configure.