[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.3 on Ubuntu Dapper, AMD 64, crashes on text import

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Aug 26 16:12:51 CEST 2006

Axel Bojer wrote:
> What confused me for a second by the new installed package 1.3.3.3 is
> that the executable file is in /usr/local/bin/scribus

This is the default for self-compiled Scribus
> As I also have /usr/bin/scribus this is a bit unfortunate. Of course I
> can fix this reference manually, but I think this should be managed by
> the install script, perhaps to /usr/local/bin/scribus-ng
> (because when i now run scribus from the commandline it gives me 2.4.1,
> the standard ubuntu-package. And I have to give the whole path
> /usr/local/bin/scribus to run the new version). This is of course a
> small problem, but ...

You can setup a desktop launcher, of course, but an alternative would be
to set up an alias in .bashrc, such as:
alias Scribus '/usr/local/bin/scribus'
so you could type Scribus or scribus, depending on which version you want.

Greg