[Scribus] Question regarding barcode writer

Petr Vaněk petr
Tue Aug 22 09:00:48 CEST 2006

lo Christoph

Dne pond?l? 21 srpen 2006 23:41 Christoph Sch?fer napsal(a):
> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if this is a bug, but something seems to be wrong with the
> barcode writer. I have an ISBN for a book we intend to publish soon. If I
> insert the ISBN into the text field, Scribus always shows the message
> "Barcode incomplete" _unless_ I uncheck "Include text in the barcode". Out
> of curiosity I tried other barcode version with correct numbers, and unless
> I have missed something, it seems impossible at all to get the code written
> in text.
>
> I'd be interested if it's just me or Scribus.

hard to say ;)
Anyway - scribus uses external backend for BCD generator.
You can find it at:
http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/

Can you try your ISBN code there - in web application, please? We could see if
it's a bug in scribus or in backend (it has higher propability as Scribus
calls only something like newPS = cratePSfromCode(foo)).

cheers
petr