[Scribus] [Newbie] Ready for production use?

yetide2-scribus at yahoo.de yetide2-scribus
Sun Aug 20 09:04:47 CEST 2006

Hi everyone!

I'm a member of a student organisation, and we want to print a calendar for freshmen (aprox. 1000 copies, aprox 92 pages).
As with all student organisations, we have no money and got the idea very late in time. So we only have about 4 weeks until everything has to go to the printers... ;o)

That said and bearing in mind what it says on the website ("This is beta software which is undergoing many code changes daily. While it is fairly stable and usable, caution is advised. It is not recommended yet for production use."), do you think we can "safely" use Scribus, or should we rather use another DTP software? (We're using Windows, and RagTime 5.6.5 is another alternative we have in mind.)

If Scribus proofs a safe alternative (e. g. it is stable enough), what documents would you recommend reading, given we have so little time to get to know the software?

Thanks for all and any advice you can give.

Kind regards,

Christian
P.S.: I hope this goes out as plain text... Fingers crossed...