[Scribus] Where has the Import SVG, EPS, and Open Draw Gone?

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Thu Aug 10 17:12:51 CEST 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:59:55 +0200
Plinnell <mrdocs at scribus.info> wrote:

> On Thursday 10 August 2006 16:29, Julian Robbins wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I upgraded to 1.3.3.3 on Ubuntu Dapper and was surprised to find,
> > well in fact not find, that the entry to import vector images has
> > disappeared or moved.
> >
> > It used to be on File -> Import->Import SVG, etc
> >
> > But now on 1.3.3.3 I only see entries of File -> Import of Get
> > Text, Append and Get Image. But when I try and get an image, i cant
> > successfully import svg files now.
> >
> > Is this a bug, or has the menu item moved?
>
> By chance, are you on 64-bit ?

Thanks Peter. No, I'm only on 32 bit. When starting it on the cmd line, I get two errors ie,

julianr at PC37:~$ scribus-ng
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major opcode:  147
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major opcode:  147
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device

But Scribus starts fine.

But the extra menu items have still gone.

Perhaps one for Alex? Can anyone confirm this same bug? I was surprised I was the first to spot it, as its something used pretty often in Scribus, so I'm wondering if I've just been unlucky instead? I'll add this to the bug tracker in the mean time.

Is there any means of a workaround for now ?

Julian