[Scribus] Suggestion for Frames

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Aug 4 21:25:47 CEST 2006

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Imagine that you script this once your frame styles are defined...
> And of course all those frames could be edited one by one or via the
> frame style...

Perhaps there could be a way of borrowing the way that other features
work in Scribus already. For example, one might have a Frame style
palette (like Page palette) to use the mouse to drag a style into a frame.
Or modifying/expanding on Master pages, where one might Shift-click-drag
a frame style from the Master page to a current page. Thus a Master page
could be used in its entirety or in fragments.

We've also talked in the past about a copy function for frames, in which
certain (definable?) parameters of a frame can be copied, but not the
content.

I find a certain overload factor applies to keyboard shortcuts -- you
can only remember so many, and the ones you use with some regularity.

Greg