[Scribus] Curious problem with PDF-export

listen at thomas-zastrow.de listen
Fri Aug 4 09:55:47 CEST 2006

On Friday 04 August 2006 00:02, John R. Culleton wrote:
> On Thursday 03 August 2006 13:36, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> > Hello!!!
> >
> > I build with Scribus 1.3.3.2 under Linux a document with a lot of
> > color-photos in it. Because my Inkjet doesn't work under Linux, I
> > exported the doc to PDF and started Windows for printing.
> >
> > Under Windows (Acrobat Reader 7) the doc looks terrible: The colors of
> > the photos are nearly gone, as if you desaturate a picture in Photoshop.
> > When I print the PDF from Acrobat, the result is the same.
> >
> > Back into Linux, I took a look at the PDF: In Acrobat Reader 7 under
> > Linux it looks perfect (!), but now in KPDF the colors are all gone ...
> >
> > I think, this seems to be a PDF- and not a Scribus-problem, but perhaps
> > it has something to do with the PDF-export?
> >
> > If you think it would be useful, I can take some screenshots.
> >
> > Best and thank you,
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > P.S.: Personaly, I solved the problem this way: Opening the doc in
> > Scribus under Windows and printed it directly from Scribus ... ;-)
>
> I would suggest getting your inkjet working under Linux. It isn't
> that hard. What is the make/model and what flavor of Linux are
> you using?

It's a HP Deskjet 970 CXI. And, yes, I now that it is possible to run it under
Linux: But the quality of printed photos is realy bad. It's some years ago
that I tried it last time, perhaps I'll try it again next days ... ;-)

Best,

Tom