[Scribus] Curious problem with PDF-export

John R. Culleton john
Fri Aug 4 00:02:40 CEST 2006

On Thursday 03 August 2006 13:36, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> Hello!!!
>
> I build with Scribus 1.3.3.2 under Linux a document with a lot of
> color-photos in it. Because my Inkjet doesn't work under Linux, I
> exported the doc to PDF and started Windows for printing.
>
> Under Windows (Acrobat Reader 7) the doc looks terrible: The colors of
> the photos are nearly gone, as if you desaturate a picture in Photoshop.
> When I print the PDF from Acrobat, the result is the same.
>
> Back into Linux, I took a look at the PDF: In Acrobat Reader 7 under
> Linux it looks perfect (!), but now in KPDF the colors are all gone ...
>
> I think, this seems to be a PDF- and not a Scribus-problem, but perhaps
> it has something to do with the PDF-export?
>
> If you think it would be useful, I can take some screenshots.
>
> Best and thank you,
>
> Tom
>
> P.S.: Personaly, I solved the problem this way: Opening the doc in
> Scribus under Windows and printed it directly from Scribus ... ;-)

I would suggest getting your inkjet working under Linux. It isn't
that hard. What is the make/model and what flavor of Linux are
you using?

I have a laser and an inkjet both connected to the parallel port  by an
a/b switch. To use the inkjet I flip the switch to b position and use
statements like
lpr -Pepson foo.ps

--
John Culleton