[Scribus] TUX online magazine August, 2006

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Wed Aug 2 08:32:56 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman napisał(a):
> I've read the article in TUX, alleged to be in-depth. Just consider the
> fact that the article consists of 5 of these odd-sized pages TUX is put
> on, that three of the five have screenshots taking up over half the
> space, and the other two have screenshots taking up about 1/4 to 1/3.
>
> In this article, there is much time spent on loading additional fonts,
> the rest on making a PDF form, and the latter keeps referring back to
> the Scribus website. As with most writing in TUX, all of which comes
> from writers who seem to number fewer than the digits on your hand, we
> seem to have better writing in English from many of the non-native
> English speakers on this list -- strange word choice and placement,
> commas appearing randomly in sentences.
>
> In short, TUX is a reasonably attractive online magazine with at best
> weak content. Not that I have an opinion about it.

100% agreed. Judging by their flamboyant title, I hoped for much, much
more. Instead, they just reused this ugly sample PDF form, I'd created 3
(sic!) years ago for my PDF form tutorial. I badly miss the "in-depth"
part :)

cheers
Maciej