[Scribus] Tutorial: progress slows

peterd pral
Wed Aug 2 04:57:46 CEST 2006

.....quote.....
having gone from explicit, precise instructions on where to place and
size items, to at best broad generalizations.

Yes, I found this but then I was using a more recent Scribus version
when I undertook the tut so it didn't bother me too much.

A couple things I'd like to point out though;  1) Niyam uses jpegs for
his images.  Is that a good idea considering jpeg is lossy when
edited/saved? My suggestion would be to change to tiffs.    2) All
measurements are in metrics (could be imperial for that matter).
Considering the language of typesetting is points, picas and ciceros (I
don't know if ciceros are still in use as I'm not from Europe) do you
think it would be better to use one of these measurements?  ...I
thinking of DTP newbies here as it will set them off on the right path
and also help them come to grips quickly with regard to font point sizes
(ie visualizing size).  Experienced DTP'ers, designers etc can handle
metric/imperial of course as they're just learning a new app and not the
craft.

The above points are minor - it's no big deal and you have put a lot of
work into it already... just my two cents worth, thats all   :-)

Regards,
Peter