[Scribus] Filling in forms which are supplied as PDFs

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Sun Apr 30 19:43:55 CEST 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 17:43, Kite Lau wrote:
> ? 2006-04-30?? 17:09 +0100?David Goodenough???

> > > It is this form you talk about?
> > >
> > > 	www.companieshouse.gov.uk/forms/generalForms/287.pdf
> > >
> > > Acrobat Reader for linux reads this form very well, and you
> > > _kan_ fill in the fields, and then print to printer or to a PS-file !!
> > > - I have just tried it again!!
> > >
> > > Morten
> >
> > OK, I installed acrobat 7.0.5 as packaged for Debian from the marillat
> > site.  Reading the help I should have a Document Bar from which I
> > should be able to turn on Highlight Fields.  I can not find a Docoment
> > Bar, or any way to turn on Hightlight Fields.  Can you point me at
> > the right place please?
>
> please play with setting: Edit > Preference > Form ...
The is no Form on Preferences!

> > Also when I move the cursor over a field the pointer changed from
> > the hand to an arrow, not an i-beam.  According to the Help this is
> > required for being able to fill in a text field.
>
> Why not have a try to see the result.
I did, no new text appeared when I clicked on the field and type some
text

> By the way, I can see that there is no submit button in the form, if I
> were you I would use the Scribus doc Riku provided and rework the pdf
> form with submit button within Scribus and export the file as pdf form,
> then you can save the .fdf file for record, or you can only print the
> file to a ps file as a computer copy.
I think this form is only provided so that you can print it and therefore
does not have a Submit button.  I will try rebuilding it using the .sla file.

David