[Scribus] Filling in forms which are supplied as PDFs

Kite Lau kitelau
Sun Apr 30 18:43:12 CEST 2006

? 2006-04-30?? 17:09 +0100?David Goodenough???
> On Sunday 30 April 2006 12:45, Morten Langlo wrote:
> > s?n, 30 apr, 2006, 12:14:22 +0100, skrev David Goodenough:

> > > Because it is not a "PDF Form", it is just a form that was designed
> > > using PDF for printing.  If it was a "PDF Form" I could use PDFtk to
> > > fill it in.  Actually it could be a "PDF Form", but PDFTk says it is
> > > password locked so it can not do anything with it.
> >
> > It is this form you talk about?
> >
> > 	www.companieshouse.gov.uk/forms/generalForms/287.pdf
> >
> > Acrobat Reader for linux reads this form very well, and you
> > _kan_ fill in the fields, and then print to printer or to a PS-file !!
> > - I have just tried it again!!
> >
> > Morten
> OK, I installed acrobat 7.0.5 as packaged for Debian from the marillat
> site.  Reading the help I should have a Document Bar from which I
> should be able to turn on Highlight Fields.  I can not find a Docoment
> Bar, or any way to turn on Hightlight Fields.  Can you point me at
> the right place please?

please play with setting: Edit > Preference > Form ...

> Also when I move the cursor over a field the pointer changed from
> the hand to an arrow, not an i-beam.  According to the Help this is
> required for being able to fill in a text field.

Why not have a try to see the result.

By the way, I can see that there is no submit button in the form, if I
were you I would use the Scribus doc Riku provided and rework the pdf
form with submit button within Scribus and export the file as pdf form,
then you can save the .fdf file for record, or you can only print the
file to a ps file as a computer copy.

Kite