[Scribus] a little more on laser printers

Elaine de Saxe coolowl
Sun Apr 30 14:00:11 CEST 2006

On 30/04/2006, at 8:00 PM, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de wrote:

> It seems like printers can progressively render the pages so long as
> some conditions are satisfied..... 4MB printer to handle a job like
> that.
The "how" is not something I'm likely to understand, being
mathematically challenged, but I'm ever astonished how my HP 5MP
manages with sometimes huge files and 8 megs RAM. The application
which made the files seems to have a lot to do with how fast pages
print, the intrinsic pages per minute of the printer also has an
effect as does the RAM. Pagemaker for Mac was as slow as the
proverbial wet week as is SwiftPublisher for Mac, whereas any form of
PDF prints quite quickly given the printer's 6ppm output. I've not
produced any Scribus for Mac pages so can't comment.

Elaine in Brisbane, Australia