[Scribus] Insert a symbol char - but not really

Peter Barnes scribus
Sun Apr 30 14:27:04 CEST 2006

Cornwall has had a revival of its language - probably prompted partly by those with a genuine interest but also by the wish to entertain the tourists! The links give more information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_language

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/Cornish-english/

It is interesting to see it shares 80% of its vocabulary with Breton, so if Raphael had been Breton French and I were Cornish English we could probably communicate that way too! (To the north, in the Shetland Islands, the local people speak a dialect which I am told is very similar to that of the west Jutland coast of Denmark, so much so that sailors from the two regions can converse easily.)

I am not familiar with the Red Nose play but it sounds good - unfortunately I am not related to that Peter Barnes!

Regards,
Peter