[Scribus] Filling in forms which are supplied as PDFs

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Sat Apr 29 18:41:09 CEST 2006

On Saturday 29 April 2006 16:13, Kite Lau wrote:
> ? 2006-04-29?? 07:47 -0700?avox???
>
> > David Goodenough wrote:

> > > I tried this and it complained that the converting of 1203 images
> > > failed. I am using the latest debian scribus-cvs version.
> >
> > Please don't use pdf2ps (from Ghostscript) to create file for import in
> > Scribus.
> > This creates a lot of bitmap images for characters and usually fails on
> > import.
> >
> > You might have better results with pdftops (from xpdf or CUPS). If all
> > fails, use
> > imageframes even if the PDF is rastered.
> >
> > We have true PDF import on the roadmap but it's not there yet.
> >
> > /Andreas
>
> I just tested the 287.pdf file with pdftops, interestingly, the ps file
> could not be imported by scribus at all.
>
> Please try to print the pdf to ps file within acrobat reader. The
> generated ps file can be imported to Scribus as what I tested, only one
> bitmaps will be missing. I think you can grab the bitmaps using gimp,
> and import the bitmaps into scribus afterward.
>
> Kite

I don't have acrobat, but I do have kpdf.  So I dumped it to ps using that
and even then it would not import.  The Companies House image (the
top left hand box) could not be imported, I wonder why?  I will use GIMP
(which will load the pdf cleanly) to grab the image.  It would be nice
to do it in one though.  I look forward to true PDF import, and given that
is causes some problems with that image, I hope that this file will be kept
as a test case.

David