[Scribus] Filling in forms which are supplied as PDFs

Kite Lau kitelau
Sat Apr 29 17:13:17 CEST 2006

? 2006-04-29?? 07:47 -0700?avox???

> David Goodenough wrote:
> >
> > On Saturday 29 April 2006 11:45, Maciej Hanski wrote:
> >>
> >> Could you place this form somewhere for everybody to see? I would try to
> >> convert this form to PostScript, e.g. on Linux with:
> >>
> >>  pdf2ps input.pdf output.ps
> >>
> >> and import the resulting output.ps into Scribus. Then simply put a
> >> second layer on top of it and .. whatever you desire :)
> >>
> >> cheers
> >> Maciej
> > I tried this and it complained that the converting of 1203 images failed.
> > I am using the latest debian scribus-cvs version.
> >

> Please don't use pdf2ps (from Ghostscript) to create file for import in
> Scribus.
> This creates a lot of bitmap images for characters and usually fails on
> import.
>
> You might have better results with pdftops (from xpdf or CUPS). If all
> fails, use
> imageframes even if the PDF is rastered.
>
> We have true PDF import on the roadmap but it's not there yet.
>
> /Andreas
I just tested the 287.pdf file with pdftops, interestingly, the ps file
could not be imported by scribus at all.

Please try to print the pdf to ps file within acrobat reader. The
generated ps file can be imported to Scribus as what I tested, only one
bitmaps will be missing. I think you can grab the bitmaps using gimp,
and import the bitmaps into scribus afterward.

Kite