[Scribus] Filling in forms which are supplied as PDFs

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Sat Apr 29 12:35:17 CEST 2006

I have just gone through the process of moving the registered office of my
company, and the form (in the UK a form 287) is available as a PDF.  But
presumably in order to make sure that I do not change the form it is
password locked.

The instructions with this form say that the boxes should either be filled
in typescript or bold black capitals.  My hand writing, even my block
capitals has never been wonderful (sometimes I can not read my own
handwriting), so I would rather use typescript, but I no longer possess
a typewriter.

I could spend time trying to line up a document produced using either
something like Scribus or a word processor, but that would be easier
if I could include the PDF as a background, then I could put frames
over each box and type in the values.  This would then also mean
that I could print the PDF and my answers in one go, rather than
having to line the answers to a sheet on which I had previously
printed the form.

Is this possible with Scribus (the PDF is not in a format that Scribus
will open as a document), or could it be added easily?

David