[Scribus] Japanese Suport

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Apr 9 05:49:19 CEST 2006

Craig Ringer wrote:

>Fabrice Capiez wrote:
>

>>I also tried with Korean and the result appears to be mangled. More
>>preciesely, in the case of Japanese, text appears in the text editor but
>>when you update the textbox and return to the document , all the
>>Japanese characters are gone ;
>>

>What version are you using, with what input method, and on what
>platform? I've been unable to reproduce this issue, but reports of it
>keep on turning up, and I'd really like some details.

It would also be helpful if you could try copying & pasting some
Japanese text in from somewhere else, such as from your web browser.
Please try both pasting into the story editor and pasting directly into
the canvas. That aught help to isolate whether the issue is input-method
related, or related to the handling of the text its self (maybe a local
encoding issue?).

--
Craig Ringer