[Scribus] Importing real text frrtom (E)PS files

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Wed Apr 5 14:10:04 CEST 2006

Hi

I am have huge problems in importing real editable text from any (e) ps
file I create then import into Scribus.

Firstly is this possible? I would think so, but whatever I have tried
only will import the text as polygons.

I really want to export some files from Coreldraw into a semi-editable
format in Scribus, but although bitmaps and some vectors come through
ok, text never has. I have tried various permutations of piping stuff
through GSView with 8.53 GS but to no avail.

I have tried some really simple tests where I create a file with just
text, and although GSView can export text correctly from it, and PDF
export also keeps the text editable, these files as PS files will not
import as real text in Scribus.

I'm using 1.33 full, both Windows and Linux versions, and 8.53 of
Ghostscript.

--

Kind Regards,
Julian Robbins