[Scribus] Scribus the right tool

hovergo at net-tech.com.au hovergo
Wed Apr 5 01:38:46 CEST 2006

It is curious tome that the s always discussion about tool for the job.

Open source and it's tools are in an infancy and growing faster than
imaginable, however they will never be the right tool for everybody, just
like proprietary software is not the right tool for everybody.

Scribus and Oo will eventually take significant market share but as was
mentioned, 'why would users change from the tools they have and
understand'.

Users will change because the proprietary software does not live up to the
advertising and those are the folks who will move to Scribus.

>From what I have read on the list there are very many people of many
trades and walks of life who use scribus successfuly. Some want
improvements and some are happy to use and grow with the event. Its not
helpful to compare oranges and bananas at this point in time.It is vital
that bugs and improvements are mentioned and addressed, change will be a
natural stage of the growth of Scribus.

We have dedicated geniuses who produce these tools at very little cost to
the end user which are seen as being in competition with high end mega
funded corporations.

Personally I have th greatest admiriation for people with the skills to
create this equipment.

regards
Roger