[Scribus] OT: Inkscape color question

pixelnate pixelnate
Tue Apr 4 22:51:39 CEST 2006

Gregor Fellenz wrote:
> pixelnate wrote:
> [...]
>
>> That is unfortunate. So at the risk of beating a dead horse, is there a
>> vector illustration app for linux/OSS that does support CMYK?
>>
> good question, but probably better asked at the inkscape mailinglist.

Ugh, another mailing list. You are probably right though.
> in the art lab thread there was a notion that the newest development
> version of inkscape implemented littlecms, which means this will do more
> or less the same like your workflow with scribus.
>
> in my point of view there is not much worth in converting cmyk values
> from an svg in cmyk values in a pdf  through a color management process.
>
> most of the time you've a special cmyk value for your printwork and
> don't want to get strang .x values.

Yeah, I think the best route is to just take them into Illustrator and
fix them. Bummer. I started this project with the hopes that I could
complete everything on linux with OSS tools. Now I know that was a bit
ambitious. Maybe next time, eh?

Thanks for your help.

~Nate