[Scribus] OT: Inkscape color question

pixelnate pixelnate
Tue Apr 4 22:09:39 CEST 2006

Gregor Fellenz wrote:
> the color picker was implemented to choose cmyk colors not to save them
> :-) i've found that also really confusing.
>
> sodipodi is not really under developmenmt anymore and the pdf/eps export
> wasn't too good... anyway check the page and see if there's anything
> going. i can't even remember if sodipodi exported proper cmyk to pdf/eps.

That is unfortunate. So at the risk of beating a dead horse, is there a
vector illustration app for linux/OSS that does support CMYK?

I would use Scribus (so not completely OT) to place my SVG files and
trust Scribus to make a PDF for me, but for some strange reason the PDFs
I have been trying to print do not print well. By that I mean, that the
reds are washed out and the overall color density is way low. The
strange part is that if I take that PDF and place it in Illustrator the
colors print fine (aside from the RGB->CMYK conversion problem). Also, I
cannot figure out how to save a PDF file from Scribus that keeps the
vectors intact so that I can edit the PDF in Illustrator.

Any thoughts?

~Nate