[Scribus] Vector graphic?

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Tue Apr 4 00:50:00 CEST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:25:52 +0200
Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> > I am getting some custom plastic bags printed and made my design using
> > Scribus (of course).  I sent the artwork in to the bag manufacturer in PDF
> > format, assuming that pretty much all printing work seems to use PDF.

> Have you tried EPS or SVG export?

The end of this story is that I managed to create a SVG file using the Scribus
export function that looks perfect on my computer.  When I first tried, all I
got was the graphic in my SVG file, the text was missing.  After converting the
fonts to outline, I got a SVG file that looked good and contained everything.

I emailed it to the bag printers on Friday and they initially said that a SVG
file is exactly what they want.

I called them again today to find out why they hadn't got a proof back to me
for signature, and they said that the SVG that I had sent them was missing the
graphic; all they could see was the text.  Actually, the first guy I talked to
said that he could see all of the text but no graphic.  The next guy (who
actually does the printing) said that he got only half of the text on his
machine and no graphic.

Ultimately, I guess they just got tired of dealing with me in regard to this
matter.  They said that they have done the conversion to what they need
themselves using the PDF that I originally sent them, and have faxed me a proof
that looks like it is supposed to.

So I guess that's that.  I'm getting the bags that I need manufactured and
printed, but still don't know what the problem was.  And may never know, now.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net