[Scribus] debian upgrade

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Thu Apr 6 08:06:29 CEST 2006

* [KS] <lists04 at fastmail.fm> [2006-04-05 17:49:41 -0400]:

> Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> > KS,
> >
> > He is getting it from one of our two upstream repositories that I maintain.
> > Please see http://debian.scribus.net for documentation. There were two updates
> > in the last two days to 1.2.x package (scribus) actually - both fixing
> > recently surfaced problems.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Alex.
>
> Thanks Alex. It completely went out of my mind and though where was he
> getting the updates! Dumb me. Do these .deb packages from upstream get
> installed at normal place in Debian or do they go in /usr/local?
>
> regards,
> /kds

scribus (1.2.x) goes into /usr and scribus-cvs (1.3.x) goes into /usr/local
currently. Today, however, I started redoing 1.3.x scribus-cvs packaging. The
result will be a scribus-ng (new generation :) ) package that I plan to upload
into the Debian archive. That package will be completely policy-compliant and
will install into /usr, of course.

Regards,

Alex.