[Scribus] Code changes for importing tables as text

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Oct 31 20:55:31 CET 2005

On Monday 31 October 2005 13:58, Nik wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thank you to everyone who read my posts, and suggested answers, I am
> happily constructing my table-infested document as we speak (or read).
>
> However, in the longer term, I still believe that it would save me time
> and effort if scribus could import tables directly from those files
> formats that support them.
>
> I have already looked at the code, and want to have a plan for this
> complete over the next two weeks (the work is relatively minor, but I
> want to ensure I'm starting with a resonable design, and I don't have a
> lot of free time.
>
> Following is a little over a page of explanation of my current planned
> approach.
>
> http://nik.homelinux.net/files/scribus-tables.html
>
> I would really appreciate any feedback from any developers, on which
> approach (whther it be one I've suggested, or a completely different
> one) would be best. I would also welcome any input from users on what
> features might be useful.

Having just skimmed over the page, the first and only thing I will say is
beware of anything in scribus, scribusdoc, scribusview, page or
pageitem .h/.cpp files. They are my major targets for major rework and can
change fairly quickly in terms of code location in just a day or two.

Craig

PS.. muahahhaha.. watch it get faster :)