[Scribus] Code changes for importing tables as text

Nik scribus
Mon Oct 31 13:58:19 CET 2005

Hi All,

Thank you to everyone who read my posts, and suggested answers, I am
happily constructing my table-infested document as we speak (or read).

However, in the longer term, I still believe that it would save me time
and effort if scribus could import tables directly from those files
formats that support them.

I have already looked at the code, and want to have a plan for this
complete over the next two weeks (the work is relatively minor, but I
want to ensure I'm starting with a resonable design, and I don't have a
lot of free time.

Following is a little over a page of explanation of my current planned
approach.

http://nik.homelinux.net/files/scribus-tables.html

I would really appreciate any feedback from any developers, on which
approach (whther it be one I've suggested, or a completely different
one) would be best. I would also welcome any input from users on what
features might be useful.

Cheers!
Nik.