[Scribus] Big Project - Question/Comments

Bart Alberti bart
Sun Oct 30 19:51:00 CET 2005

Gregory Pittman wrote:

>Gregory Pittman wrote:
>

>>After you have the PDF, then you can view it and decide
>>how to best translate what you see into what you want the HTML to look
>>like and how it should be broken up. Then go back to your plain text to
>>generate the HTML (from oowriter if you will).
>>

>Probably worth mentioning that, although I haven't used it for anything
>major, Abiword has interesting import/export features, including:
>
>import: all the usual, plus LaTeX, Open Document, Wordperfect, DocBook, HTML
>export: HTML, LaTeX, DocBook/XML, PDF, nroff, .eml...
>
>Greg

You took the words out of my mouth. But Word Perfect also has good
import / export filters and they support sgml, too. Is it still
available for Linux? Maybe not. The 'reveal codes' feature is much admired.
Going to pdf and only then too html seems awkward. The base text in
LaTeX, which stays the same, seems to conserve all the options. There
are several, not identically operated pdf --> html tools, so picking the
right one with the right options may be tricky.
Bart Alberti