[Scribus] The "Great Breakage" is over ???

Nik scribus
Fri Oct 28 05:42:22 CEST 2005

Greg wrote:

 >> Scribus 1.3.x has been quite stable up to now. Expect some rough
waters ahead!

 > The other thing one should do regardless is save a backup of the last
Scribus directory (eg, 'cp -r Scribus oldScribus') that worked (both
built properly and functioned properly). /Then/ update from cvs. It
would be a lot easier than trying to restore an older cvs version.

 > Greg

Never a truer word spoken. This is excellent advice!

I always archive the RPM (or whatever) if I did a binary install, the
TAR file if I downloaded the source that way, or a TAR of the CVS
directory, after any successful install. Burning a CD is a particularly
good way of archiving such files... :o)

Cheers!
Nik.