[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.1 -- Color copier is counting B/W pages as color and overcharging us.

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Oct 27 11:47:09 CEST 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 10:53, Robert R. Di Giorgio wrote:
> I publish a monthly 24-page brochure (12 pages printed 2-up).  4 of the
> double pages have color on them, the rest are all B/W. The output is fed
> as a PDF to our Kyocera color laser copier, which is counting every page
> as color (charging 10 cents extra per page). Is anyone else having thhis
> problem? Does anyone know what to do about it?
>
> I'm asking Kyocera to analyze the PDF file and find if there are any
> errors in it that are causing this. I'll get back if they come up with
> anything.

I doubt there will be any errors. The issue might be something like we set the
colour type per document, or per page but use only one value. AFAIK we do not
support B&W vs RGB vs CMYK per page... but maybe Franz can answer this.

Craig