[Scribus] install 1.3 unstable?

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Tue Oct 25 22:11:22 CEST 2005

* Le Tigre <scribus at le-tigre.net> [2005-10-25 19:24:34 +0200]:

> Quoting Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex at tagancha.org>:
>
> >scribus-cvs package does not usually come in different flavors. You
> >get the same code
> >whether you use "unstable", "testing", "stable", "hoary", or "breezy" in
> >your
> >source line for our upstream repositories. The only times this
> >differs is when
> >significant breakage is suspected. Then unstable branch becomes a
> >playground
> >that corresponds to its name. Your report is correct in a sense that
> >unstable
> >and testing libqt3 library versions are different at the moment.
> >However, that
> >should not impact you in any way as I build the respective package in
> >chroots
> >that contain correct libraries for each branch. So, in short, you should be
> >using the correct source line in your /etc/apt/sources.list. If you are
> >running Debian/testing then please add
> >
> >deb         http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
> >deb         http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/ testing main non-free
> >contrib
> >
> >to your sources.list file.
> >

> With the Debian/testing it works with no problem, and I have the 1.3.0.1 -
> but
> I'd like to try the unstable (I don't know the number of the version).
> If I get the unstable packages, and try to install them, it says:

I think there is a misunderstanding here. The current 1.3.x series package
version for Debian/testing AND for Debian/unstable in our repositories is the
same scribus-cvs 1.3.1+cvs20051011-1, which is really 1.3.2cvs in Scribus
terms. Please explain what you mean by "testing" and "unstable". Did you read
my previous message quoted above and/or
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_on_Debian_GNU/Linux wiki page? If
you don't understand something please tell, so I could improve the
documentation.

> root at carlinux:/home/rm# LANG=en apt-get install scribus-cvs
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>  scribus-cvs: Depends: libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.5) but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>
> Where can I find the libqt3 for this unstable?

You really shouldn't try to "find" it. If you are running Debian/unstable then
libqt3-mt has already transitioned to ii  libqt3-mt ver. 3.3.5-1 there. If you
are running Debian/testing then your libqt3-mt is still at 3.3.4 -
libqt3c102-mt ver. 3.3.4-3. Read the docs I mentioned and you'll get the
correct debian Scribus package installed without any problems hopefully.

Alex