[Scribus] install 1.3 unstable?

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Wed Oct 26 08:35:40 CEST 2005

* Steve Herrick <estebandido at gmail.com> [2005-10-25 11:29:54 -0600]:

>  If you are
> > > running Debian/testing then please add
> > >
> > > deb         http://debian.scribus.net/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
> > > deb         http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
> > >
> > > to your sources.list file.
>
> Just out of curiousity, why would Scribus be considered non-free?
>
> Steve Herrick
> --

Hi Steve,

The repositories are designed to provide maximum flexibility, so I structured
them after the official Debian archive, which contains three types of packages
in main, non-free, and contrib archives. This arrangement allows me to use
these repositories as a staging ground for scribus-related packages that
belong in "contrib" and non-free without ever having to change the source
lines. For example, Scribus documentation is non DFSG-free due to its license.
So, if you look at the 1.2.x series packages I maintain in Debian proper
you'll notice that its name includes "dfsg" and scribus-doc is a separate
non-free package in Debian. The scribus and scribus-cvs binary packages are
currently in the "main" archive. Actually I really should split non-free docs
from 1.3.x package as well. I haven't done that so far as scribus-cvs (1.3.x)
is an experimental and non policy-compliant package (installs into /usr/local
hierarchy for example) and nobody has complained about the package size, yet
:)

Regards,

Alex