[Scribus] Page Import Question

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sat Oct 22 01:28:35 CEST 2005

On Saturday 22 October 2005 01:15, Carol Kankelborg wrote:
> PLinnell wrote:
> > On Friday 21 October 2005 23:40, Carol Kankelborg wrote:
> >>Last year, when manually imposing logical pages into
> >>a booklet form I used the Page->Import... option. This
> >>imported the contents of each page from one document
> >>into the existing pages of the new document. This year,
> >>I tried this and when I try to import 1 page from the
> >>old document, the whole page (paper size and all) is
> >>inserted into the new document. Is this a change in
> >>function or a bug? Is the old function still around
> >>under a different name?
> >>
> >>Right now I'm grouping the content of each page,
> >>sending it to the scrapbook and moving it into the
> >>new document. I'm a little panicked right now as
> >>I only expected the imposition step to take a
> >>little bit of time and wanted to get the doc
> >>to the copyshop today. Any immediate response
> >>is appreciated.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Carol
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > There are two methods in 1.3.1 or 1.3.2cvs, which you can import the
> > content or import the page wholesale.
> >
> > In the dialog there is the option to create a page, which is off by
> > default. Is this checked?
> >
> > At least with current 1.3.2cvs, you have not lost the older type of
> > functionality.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Peter
>
> Thanks Craig and Peter for such rapid responses.
>
> The "Create Page" button is unchecked and the before/after dropdown
> menu is grayed out when I do the import.
>
> The imported page is half-letter sized. The page I am trying to import
> it into is letter/landscape sized. It appears that the imported page
> overrides the size of the target page -- which is why I thought it
> added a new page. (After deleting the imported page
> I later discovered that I had one fewer pages in my target document than
> when I started.) Sounds to me like this is a bug. I have the latest (to my
> knowledge) fink unstable version (X11/scribus 1.3.1-1) under Mac OS X
> 10.4.2.
>
> I did work around the problem by grouping/send to scrapbook/move into new
> document. Tomorrow I can isolate the problem and send some example files.
> (I've got some other possible bugs I've come across as well I'll work on
> documenting :~)

When you import it it looks like it adjust the page size for you (remember,
1.3.1+ can have varying page sizes and orientations in the same doc). We need
an option there on import (bug 2753) to not resize the page.

To fix the page size, just go to Page, Manage Page Properties and reset it to
Letter.

Craig