[Scribus] Page Import Question

Carol Kankelborg cckborg1
Sat Oct 22 01:15:35 CEST 2005

PLinnell wrote:

> On Friday 21 October 2005 23:40, Carol Kankelborg wrote:
>
>>Last year, when manually imposing logical pages into
>>a booklet form I used the Page->Import... option. This
>>imported the contents of each page from one document
>>into the existing pages of the new document. This year,
>>I tried this and when I try to import 1 page from the
>>old document, the whole page (paper size and all) is
>>inserted into the new document. Is this a change in
>>function or a bug? Is the old function still around
>>under a different name?
>>
>>Right now I'm grouping the content of each page,
>>sending it to the scrapbook and moving it into the
>>new document. I'm a little panicked right now as
>>I only expected the imposition step to take a
>>little bit of time and wanted to get the doc
>>to the copyshop today. Any immediate response
>>is appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Carol
>

> Hi,
>
> There are two methods in 1.3.1 or 1.3.2cvs, which you can import the
> content or import the page wholesale.
>
> In the dialog there is the option to create a page, which is off by
> default. Is this checked?
>
> At least with current 1.3.2cvs, you have not lost the older type of
> functionality.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

Thanks Craig and Peter for such rapid responses.

The "Create Page" button is unchecked and the before/after dropdown
menu is grayed out when I do the import.

The imported page is half-letter sized. The page I am trying to import
it into is letter/landscape sized. It appears that the imported page
overrides the size of the target page -- which is why I thought it
added a new page. (After deleting the imported page
I later discovered that I had one fewer pages in my target document than
when I started.) Sounds to me like this is a bug. I have the latest (to my
knowledge) fink unstable version (X11/scribus 1.3.1-1) under Mac OS X 10.4.2.

I did work around the problem by grouping/send to scrapbook/move into new
document. Tomorrow I can isolate the problem and send some example files.
(I've got some other possible bugs I've come across as well I'll work on
documenting :~)

Thanks again for responding quickly,
Carol

--