[Scribus] open dtp livecd (ctd.)

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Wed Oct 19 01:19:17 CEST 2005

Bo?tjan ?peti? wrote:

> well, we were talking about this on irc the other night... i have an
> iso, but am totally not happy with it, and the comp on which it was
> being prepared crashed this weekend, so we couldn't improve it...
>
> you can try:
> http://www.kiberpipa.org/~gandalf/dod/20051014-dod.iso
>
> ... but it's not anything special yet... it might be usefull to get
> immediate critique though...
>
> regards, bostjan

Hi,
I don't know why you aren't happy with your Live DTP CD, since it seems
to me very stable -- imho, certainly more than an alpha release. First,
it launched without problems, which is not so obvious on my Dell
Inspiron 6000, with its SATA DVD drive and other such oddities.
Secondly, every single program I'd launched worked without problems,
Scribus 1.3.2cvs, Adobe Reader 7, Inkscape, Gimp, Cinepaint, etc.
Certainly, I've noticed some small issues (like missing Polish glyphs in
Scribus GUI and text frames, when I launch Live DTP CD with lang=pl...)
but why don't you simply release it as the first release candidate and
hear what people say, while your computer will be recovering from the
crash?  A new DTP LiveCD RFE on the Scribus bug tracker could be a good
solution for gathering the expected feedback, don't you think?

BTW, this ISO seems to be good enough as a nice give away for all those
Windows guys who simply want to know how Scribus 1.3.x looks and works...

regards
Maciej